Monday 8 October 2012

A year has passed

Hi guys,

Time really flies. It has been more than a year since I started working in Singapore. I believe now I am more used to the environment here both socially and professionally. In fact I am going to start with a new job this coming November. This future move means a whole lot to me, means things are getting better here, and I am seeing progress with my life. Needless to say, this new job offers a lot better package than my current one. 

I have to admit that the first 6 months of being here had been quite tough, money was real tight during those period, added with some personal issues bullshit. But, I've managed to make a few good friends, mostly from from my cigar smoking session on the weekend. And recently, a friend of mine, a Japanese gal from my University Tokushima time came over to work here. Unfortunately, her schedule is quite busy and she usually works on the weekend. Which means I still have a lot of open slots in my weekend schedule (if I were in Singapore).

Anyway, other than my upcoming new job, I had another offer from a tyre manufacturing company. The position was Safety Engineer. Requires a lot of travelling, about 2weeks a month (mostly to developing APAC coutries such as Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, India etc), and after a year the position will be relocated to Bangkok, Thailand. They said that the package in Bangkok will be an expat package although it has not been finalized yet. 

Money wise the safety engineer position offered about 10% more than the other one that I accepted. It will be a lot more if including the allowances from travelling. It was a very hard decision but in the end I've decided that I'd rather stay here in Singapore rather than spending yet some time settling down in a new country. And I don't think that giving up a good lifestyle, living in a country with a good infrastructures with a culture that I am very familiar with. Not to mention that I am much closer to friends and family here, compared to Bangkok. However, what I actually fear the most is living with an expat package in Bangkok is....the temptation, which I'm pretty sure I'll cave in. hahaha

Anyway, my employment with my current company will last until 22nd Oct, and new job will start on 5th Nov. So I'll have about 2 weeks free time to celebrate Eid Adha. Hit me up if wanna hang up or puff some cigs. cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment