Sunday 21 October 2012

Long break and Aidil Adha

Today will be my last day working in my current company. Which means I am going to have quite a long break before I start my new job on 5th of Nov. Quite a good timing to change a job since this Friday will be a Aidil Adha celebration public holiday for us muslims. So I can enjoy and take my time to enjoy the festival, kinda like a compensation for my short Aidil Fitri leave.

This year my family will be going to Jengka, Pahang to visit one of my aunts. Apparently it is going to be quite a family gathering, from my father side. So there will be a lot of cousins and second cousins that I haven't seen for years, since I went to Japan in 2007. That being said, I actually haven't been to my aunt's place for quite some years already. Used to go there quite often when I was a kid. But then again, all of us always go "balik kampung" as a kid, but not so much as we grow older. Part of the reasons are probably that playing with the sand, climbing trees, and going down the ditch and water puddle to catch tadpoles are not that fun anymore. Man tadpoles are amazing. I used to be so excited watching them suddenly pop up a pair of legs and stuff.

The drive there is going to be a medium to long drive, probably like 3hours. Not sure how long it will take with the new highways and stuff. Anyway it doesn't really effect me that much cos I won't be the one driving. I never do this more than an hour driving thing. My dad will be driving my car, and I will probably sit in the passenger side, like a boss, like always.

So after about 1 year of working, now I will have my first long holiday. I do know that such a statement will irk people that have been working for tens of years. But damn, if there is only one thing that I miss about being a student is the long break. Damn 2 months break 2 times a year. But other than that, being a student sucks hard. People sometimes ask me whether I still have the plan to further my study. When I was being asked with that question, I will do my best to make a very offended face and say "No way". 

2 comments:

  1. Assalamualikum,
    Nak mintak pendapat skit. Kalau offer senior engineer kat jurong sgd4.5k tu rendah ke tinggi ke medium?

    Firdaus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on how many years of exp. I'd say it is quite decent pay nonethelss

    ReplyDelete